April 30, 2012

Textual description of firstImageUrl

Adsense, Chitika And Infolinks Not Showing Up On Your Site?

|
For the last couple of days, I could not log in to my Google Adsense Account, and ads (Adsense, Chitika and Infolink) not showing up at my sites, via FireFox and Internet Explorer.  It was so frustrating.


When I logged in to Adsense account it kept showing this remark:  

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to process your request at this time. Our engineers have been notified of this problem and will work to resolve it.

So, I sought help from various sources in the Internet on how to solve this problem.

These are three popular suggestions.

1. Cleared my cache and cookies
2. Turn off ad blockers (for instance Adblock Plus)
3. Make sure my Javascript in your browser is enabled.

After doing those three steps, I still could not overcome the problems. Then, I read somewhere, it could be my anti-virus software or some other Firefox add-ons.

 Do Not Track Plus Firefox
After much tinkering, I found it was one of my Firefox add-on called Do No Track Plus from Abine.

This software blocks sites and ads from tracking you and it also blocks ad networks and companies from following you around the Web to protect your privacy.


Do No Track Plus was the one which blocked my Google Adsense account. It also caused Adsense ads, Chitika and Infolinks from showing on my sites/blogs, when I was using Firefox and Internet Explorer.

So I have it disabled. You do this by clicking on "Tools" on the menu bar. Then click "Add-ons".

Go to Do No Track Plus, and you can either disable or remove this add-on.

That's all.