June 4, 2019

Textual description of firstImageUrl

Disconnect External Hard Drive From PC Easy Fix

|
Are you one of those who cannot disconnect external hard drive from PC or laptop?

You are stumped and stuck with no eject option for external hard drive!

Well, you are not the only unfortunate folk, who are unable to remove USB mass storage device.

This problem ejecting USB Mass Storage Device is a common complaints among computer users.

When you try to eject your USB or any portable external hard drive, you may see this remark:

"This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again."

disconnect external hard drive from PC

But you have already closed all your windows and programs, yet you still see this message.

I have read some of the suggestions over the Internet, telling you to open the Taskbar to check for files or programs which are still opened.

Frankly, when you open the Taskbar as suggested, most of us don't even know which program or file is causing the problem.

So, just forget about this method.

Another advice I read on the Internet is to click on the "Log off" option at the "Shut down" button.

I tried this method as suggested and then restarted the Windows.

When I tried to eject my external hard drive, this time it showed me this remark: 

"The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later."

In short, it is not working.

So, how do I solve this problem ejecting USB mass storage device or external hard drive?

Keep reading...

Disconnect External Hard Drive From PC That Works


There is one easy and workable way to fix it.

From my own experience when I can't disconnect USB drive, I just do this:

1. Leave the USB drive as it is. 

2. Close all the windows and programs.

3. Click at the Windows "Start" icon at the bottom left hand corner of the laptop or computer screen

4. Go to "Shut down" button and click on "Restart".

In other words, I just restart my laptop.

5. After my laptop has reopened, then I click to eject the USB drive, as indicated at the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

6. Now it says:

"Safe to Remove Hardware. The USB Mass Storage Device can now be safely removed from the computer."

I have been using this one simple way to fix the problem ejecting USB mass storage device all these time.

It works perfectly for me.

This is how to fix problem ejecting USB mass storage device.