January 24, 2015

Fix Cheating Uh? Error When Installing Same Broken WordPress Theme

|
The other day while I was hacking the functions.php of WordPress PR News theme, I got into trouble.

WordPress Admin Login Page Blank

It is my own doing as I do not use a child theme to do my customization.

Anyway, now I had  a blank site, and an equally blank admin login page.

To fix the problem, I had to go to my host server (Bluehost). I went over to wp-content >>theme>>pr-news. Then I renamed it.

Now I was able to see both my site and the WordPress admin login page.

The Active Theme Is Broken


Now my site was using a default theme and not PR News theme anymore. When I went over to to the Theme page, it showed a blank image with the remark: "The active theme is broken".

At this time when I clicked on PR News theme to activate, I got a blank screen and with the message "Cheating uh?".

So was when I tried to delete it away.

Now I could not delete it away or reinstall the same theme back. (I can change to other themes).

Reinstall Same Theme Without "Cheating Uh?" Error Message


To reinstall back the same theme with "Cheating Uh?" message, this is what I did.

I log into my host server and delete away the troubled theme (PR News).

Then I went back to WordPress Dashboard and this time I was able to reinstall back the same theme.

This was how I overcome "cheating uh?" error to reinstall back the same WordPress theme.