April 28, 2014

Textual description of firstImageUrl

How To Fix Error When Add Blogger Sitemap In Webmaster Tools

|
You added a sitemap of your Blogger blog with Webmaster Tools, you see an error remark under Issues. When you click on the error remark, it goes to another page which says this:


The problem could be you have type in wrongly.

This is what I do it to all my Blogger sites.

1. Click on the red color ADD/TEST SITEMAP button.

2.Type in sitemap.xml into the blank box after your Blogger URL as shown below.

3. Then click on the blue color Submit Sitemap button.

4. Click Refresh.

That is all you need to do. A week later come back to check the results of your sitemap to see how many  of your blog posts have been indexed.

Update: It works! I have this old blog which had only ONE web page indexed all this time. I tried using the method as suggested by some blogger. The one where they use this: http://blogname.com/atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500.

When I add the above line I had the error as mentioned above. (HTTP error: 404 not found)

But just a day after I re-added the new sitemap as I suggested above, out of my 50 blog posts, 49 have been indexed by Google. See below: