April 25, 2017

Textual description of firstImageUrl

How To Fix FileZilla Could Not Connect Server Problem 2017

|
The other day, I have problem connecting FileZilla to my host server.

I kept getting the same "connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity error: could not connect to server" remarks.

I did use the correct username, host and password.

FileZilla FTP Client is set to communicate through Windows Firewall. It means it is not blocked by Firewall.

how to fix FileZilla could not connect server problem

It seemed everything was in order, yet I could not get FileZilla to connect to my server.

I sought help from the help desk of my web host, ServerFreak to sort out out the problem.

Firstly the staff showed me the log report indicating that I was using the wrong username and password.

Then they requested me to provide them my IP address and my FTP credential for simulation over at the host.

They tried it and according to them, it worked perfectly.

But as for me, I still could not connect to the server, even though I have reinstalled the FileZilla FTP software.

The next thing they requested me let them remote my PC to identify the problems on my side.

For this procedure, I need to download the remote control support software called Ultraviewer.

FileZilla FTP could not connect server tutorial

So after installing it into my PC, I need to  provide them the ID and password for Ultraviewer.

I have to leave the software on and also let go of my mouse.

I could see your mouse cursor moving all over the screen at the FileZilla interface, as the staff at the web host took control over of my mouse.

There is a chat window at the side of the screen where you can chat with your partner.

I observed how the staff fix the problem over my PC screen.

Here is the tutorial on how to solve the problem.

How To Get FileZilla To Connect With Server


1. Click open your FileZilla.

2. First, check FileZilla settings.

3. Click "Edit" and then click on "Settings..."

4. Next click on "FTP" on the left side of the box.

5. On the right side of the box, it is titled "Transfer Mode".

6. Make sure it is set at "Passive (recommended)".

7. If you've just reset it to "Passive", then click the "OK" button.

8. Note: DO NOT use the normal sign-in area on top of the page with the "Quickconnect" button.

9. Instead click on "File".

10. Then click on "Site Manager...". 

11. A box will pop up, titled Site Manager.

12. On the left hand site of the box, click on the "New Site" button.

13. A small box will pop under "My Sites".

14. Press the "Delete" button to remove the word "New Site".

15. Type in the name of your site. (It can be any given name, so long as you know it is for that particular site). Then press on the "Enter" key.

16. On the right side of the Site Manager box, this is how you have to configure:

Host: (Domain of your site without the 'www') (or what they call a naked domain)


Port: 21

Protocol: FTP - File Transfer Protocol

Encryption: Only use plain FTP (insecure)

Logon Type: Normal

User: (your cPanel login username)

Password: (your cPanel login password)

Background color: None

17. Click the "Connect" button.

how to solve FileZilla connection to server problem

18. That's all. 

I hope this tutorial works for you too.